Yes, I know there is a link to 100 (or so) True Stories about me in my header, but that was from like 5 years ago & there might be new people that stop by & I found this on Pinterest...
so here goes. 20 Fun Facts about me & my crew. Not that I really need any fodder, I've got tons of ideas in my head. I just still can't figure out how to EASILY get my pictures on here to make it look cool. These pics were a pain in the ass to post. And I've got to make myself sit down & write. And not read my books. or Facebook. or Instagram. or Pinterest. or even Twitter (& I hate Twitter!). Blogging was so much easier before all these distractions. PS: I promise not to post on all these nerdy suggestions.
1. I have a degree in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Advertising/PR. So I'm a SAHM, volunteer at my children's school (PTO secretary last year, yeah I'm an overachiever like that), review trashy romance novels (which is totally cool but its my guilty pleasure so I keep it on the DL) & now I'm trying to get back into writing this blog. Daddy's money well spent. Also, btws, I took like maybe 5 computer classes in college & that was the mid 90s.
2. My hair is naturally blond. I just help to keep it that way & I'm addicted to my ponytail. Like I might need a support group. Surely I could totally qualify to go to rehab (for something). And I'm 41. My Southern Belle grandmother probably rolls over in her grave every time I pull it up.
3. My favorite vacation spot is the beach. St. George Island, Florida to be more specific. And Ormond Beach (only bc we go with a large group of friends & with kids so we don't have to entertain others). And Mexico Beach (we have a boat there). Well pretty much any beach, especially the Florida Panhandle. I love the beach, but I hate the sand. And hauling all the crap to & fro. I grew up spending my summers at my grandparents condo, Inn Paradise, in Panama City Beach & my lifelong friend's family beach house on 30A. Retro wouldn't buy me a beach house because he knows I'll stay there from May to August. And he'll miss ME, the kids notsomuch. It's my dream to go to somewhere like Boro Boro, but I don't fly so there's that.
4. I think my children are my greatest accomplishment. I always wanted 3 children (boys preferably but that's another story) 2 years apart. But they were a bitch to get here; I hemorrhaged after delivering Sassy. I had 2 IUIs (fertility treatments) & ectopic pregnancy between Sassy & Bo. A year after Bo, at my 1st fertility appt for #3, surprise I was PG. Saved that 10G. I had postpartum preclampsia (congestive heart failure) after Baby Girl. All 3 were large babies for my small frame. My uterus finally prolapsed. (That bitch was DONE!) I had a hysterectomy at 32. If I was physically & mentally able, independently wealthy as crap & had a full-time staff; I would totally have more children.
|My little hams|
5. I love my husband more today than the day I married him. We were both delivered at the same hospital by the same doctor 3.5 years apart & we have lived in the same small-town Georgia all our lives, but didn't meet until we were in our early 20s. He's a farmer & I'm a homemaker. We're old fashion Southern that way. We like to party & have dates to the Waffle House & Natalia's (the fanciest restaurant around). He built our house next to my in-laws & I still love him. ;)
6. My dream job would be a soap opera writer.
7. I love Coca-Cola & HATE Pepsi. I like the taste of ketchup, hate the smell & I hate tomatoes.
8. I collect cookbooks. I don't use them, but I have them just the same. I really just like to read them. It's better for my figure that way.
10. I have A.D.D. I took meds for it in college. The pills were great for weight loss! (I think it is now banned by the FDA. Buzz kills). I weighted 98 lbs when I got married. See, major weight loss.
11. I would love to be a judge on Iron Chef America. (Does that show even come on anymore? Before I started spending all my free time reading, I loved watching Food Network. Kinda like the cookbook thing.)
12. I have a brother. We are 4 years apart in age. I'm the social one. And the cute one.
13. I wear my sunglasses all the time. If they aren't on my face, they're on my head. Like so much Ray-Ban should hire me. My eyes are jacked up. (long story) Sensitive & watery. I look like I'm crying in Walmart.
14. My favorite holidays are Thanksgiving & Christmas. When I get old, I'm going to be eccentric & leave my house decorated for Christmas all year long. And cook a turkey once a month. And invite over everybody I know & talk with no filter whatsoever.
15. The only sport I'm good at is swimming. And I've pretty much given that up. But I can still do a flip off the diving board.
16. Biggest "not really" secret... I draw my husband's bath water almost every day. My friends give me hell about it. Another old fashion Southern thing.
17. I'm a pack rat. Totally. Sentiment hoarder as I call it.
18. Don't tell my kids... I smoked pot in college. among other things. Grown-up drugs are either more effective or just plain boring.
19. True Story: I had a tummy tuck & breast lift 4 years ago. I think I need a touch-up. in my tights. and love handles. or gain 20 lbs to fill in this flab & wrinkly skin.