Sunday, January 18, 2009

Friday Fun!

For my new readers, let me give you a little back story.

After not sleeping through the night for what seems like forever & the 7th ear infection in 9 months, Bo got tubes in his ears & his tonsils & adenoids taken out in November. The surgery & recovery went well. He got some cool blue (his fave color) ear plugs to wear in the water, including the tub, for the bargain price of $50 (for some plastic!). All is well.

Fast forward two months later.

Friday morning, Bo decides he wants to get in the tub so I go to put it his ear plugs & OMG! his left ear is full of dried BLOOD! I immediately call the doctor's office & have his doctor paged. Dr. Dunn calls right back & tells me to wash it out with peroxide & bring him on in to the office. So I called Retro to tell him what's going on & send him to pick up Matt Lizzie who has called to say she's got a flat tire! Of all mornings!

So, on the coldest morning EVER, I rush to get myself, Bo & Sassy dressed & out the door by 7:45. We drive 20 minutes down the road to drop Sass off at school, then we drive 30 minutes up the road to the ENT Center. Dr. Dunn said he would be there at 8:30, we got there at 8:45. I was prepared to wait as they were working us in. After waiting maybe 5 minutes, we were called back for pictures for his ears. Then after maybe 10 minutes, we were in with the doc.

He checks him out & says has to suction out the blood! Lovely. Bo hates to have his ears messed with because they hurt for so long. It took me & 2 nurses to hold him down. My head was on his chest, so I got a wonderful view. Yea Me. It was like a teeny, tiny vacuum cleaner. I think it was kind of loud, but I couldn't hear anything over Bo's screams! I don't think he was in pain, just very pissed!

After all the fun was over, he was fine. Good to go! We got some drops to put in twice a day. Cool! As we were getting ready to leave, Dr. Dunn tells me that it's good that I called & brought him on up because if the blood had dried up & became hard, it would have blocked the tube & he would have to have surgery again.

When I got home, Baby Girl was sick with a bad cold & fever. Happy Friday to me.


Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Oh man! Poor kid! I hope he doesn't have to go through anymore of that. It has to get better.

KK said...

Being a mom is a real blast sometimes, idn't it?!

Sherrie said...

Awwww...that stinks. Glad he's better now. Hope everyone else gets and stays well!

Alyssa said...

The stuff that hurts them almost always hurts mom more doesn't it. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Abby said...

Oh no! That sounds horrible. Did he tell you what caused it? Lots of kids that I work with have tubes and I have never heard of spontaneous bleeding. I hope he is feeling better!

Sandra said...

Bless YOUR heart. And is this something that happens with the tubes?? I know you will take good care of them! You deserve a night out after this ;-) Get Hubby to take you out for date night!!

katie lake said...

I hope your kids are feeling better! Hurray for being a fast acting momma and getting it taken care of before it got worse!

Jenny said...

yikes! we've visited the ent A LOT. jack stuck a pea up his nose last year...fun, fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails